Sunday, February 18, 2018

New Work: Cameo

Cameo
18" x 18" acrylic on canvas
This one was started while the studio was being painted. I set up my easel in Rich's office, adjacent to the kitchen, and got going. The painter interrupted me several times over the course of a few days. It was actually fine. I can kind of hone in on what I am doing sometimes if there is noise around me. It just depends. I chose the title because some of those reddish-mauveish colors reminds me of a cameo pin that I have from my mom.

Today I have been working on a new design and thinking about colors that I may want to use. I don't have a particular idea in mind just yet but I do have a design so that is good. 

Rich is working on the shelf situation in my studio. Honestly, I don't even want to put a thumb tack or nail in the walls but I need to be able to display my art so I can at least see what the hell I am doing or where I am going. 

Alright, it is quite windy here today and I understand that we are in for some colder weather. Maybe not precipitation in my area but certainly some snow up country. I'd like to do some hiking next week but I'll have to watch the weather. It isn't too fun hiking around in the cold much less the cold and the wind. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Libby

8 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your work. I am in a major block right now due to my upcoming mover/downsizing so I am doing a lot of looking around. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roberta! So glad to hear from you. Moving can be such a traumatic event can't it? Am I remembering correctly that you are in Arizona? I hope the move goes well:) Easy does it!
      Libby

      Delete
  2. Cameo is very clever. I certainly like the smaller middle section within the larger composition. Do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Clever is good. I am working on more. I am the slowest of the slowest snails these days with regard to my art. It's raining today so I may be in the studio:)

      Thanks as always for your visit!
      Libby

      Delete
  3. I also like the smaller middle part, which my eye goes to...something about the directional aspect of what surrounds it. It has a great energy in it, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. That's an important observation for me since "direction" ended up being part of what I was trying to work out with the design. These pieces are honestly a mystery to me, the way they unfold. I end up "correcting" and switching gears at times which I guess is good, right? Lots of fun though.

      Getting rained on now-it's about time! February didn't turn out so well for the weather so we are looking to March for greater rain/snow. Hope you are well. Thank you again!
      Libby

      Delete
  4. Dear Libby - just catching up - they dynamics and colors you selected make this piece fabulous. I have to say that the center makes me think of someone wearing slacks (not sure why-but it really caught my eye). Hope you are having a super week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,

      Ha! I saw the legs too. I left the shape though thinking that it would just have to be OK! It's funny how you can make an image of something without even trying:)

      Hope all is going well. I appreciate the visit knowing that you have been busy yourself.
      Thanks,
      Libby

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it! I reply back in an email if you are signed in and I can see your address. Otherwise I will post the reply here under your comment. I tend to cut and paste my emails too so that others can experience the back and forth which I think is integral to blogging.
Libby