Tuesday, January 20, 2015

30/30 Challenge: Day 20

30/30 Challenge Day 20
Look at me, I am up to date! Sort of. 

For this piece, I used a similar coloration to yesterday's piece. I neutralized the blue green color this time which fit well I think with the rest of what I did.  In addition to the above, I worked on some other designs this morning. Abstracting the landscape isn't easy. I feel like I am right on some kind of a border. It's the border between looking at the land, keeping everything in position as is, and assessing what I have in front of me and using that as an "idea" springboard for a different design. It's hard to explain but I guess it is the difference between being literal and figurative. 

January is a little more than half over. For twenty days time, I have eleven pieces. My calendar says that I have had nine days in the studio, give or take. I think that isn't so bad.

OK, I am off to have lunch and do errands. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday.
Libby

4 comments:

  1. I should probably wait until January is over, but inquiring minds want to know--what have you learned so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were told at art school that abstract was simply the absence of volume - maybe that will help make it less complex for you,Libby. Design has principles which are easy to use as a springboard for personal interpretation. I hope you are not missing the "fun" element in all this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get daily suggestions and methods for generating THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day ONLINE for FREE.
    GET FREE INSTANT ACCESS

    ReplyDelete
  4. ClixSense is a very popular work from home site.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it! I reply back in an email if you are signed in and I can see your address. Otherwise I will post the reply here under your comment. I tend to cut and paste my emails too so that others can experience the back and forth which I think is integral to blogging.
Libby